A healthy Valentine’s Treat, so you can stay on plan and also indulge a little with your sweetheart or galentine! As we always say, nutrition is about a lifestyle approach, that means celebrations and holidays come up and instead of depriving yourself – find something that fits in the plan! Here is a great recipe that is not only yummy, but so easy to throw together!!
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tbsp granulated sweetener of choice (stevia, xylotol, or coconut sugar)
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp sunflower seed butter (or use any nut or seed butter)
- 3 tbsp pumpkin puree (can also sub with applesauce or banana)
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1-2 tbsp unsweetened coconut milk
- OPTIONAL: 1 tbsp Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- In a microwave-safe bowl or cereal bowl (microwave safe), combine your dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add the rest of your ingredients, except for the raspberries and milk, and mix until a thick batter remains.
- Stir through your raspberries then add a tablespoon of unsweetened milk. If the batter is too thick, add extra milk. Microwave for 1-2 minutes, or until just cooked and gooey in the center.
Preheat oven to 350F.
Grease an oven-safe ramekin with cooking spray. Follow the microwave instructions and bake the mug cake for 10-12 minutes, or until desired texture is achieved.
Top It: Additional Rasberries, Whipped coconut cream, coconut ice cream (if your are being extra indulgent), dark chocolate chunks…