For those times you just.need.nacos. Feeling an afternoon snack that won’t totally derail your nutrition plan? Try this recipe that cleans up this guilty pleasure and adds in the nutrition of a few vegetables! Enjoy this delicious healthy snack!
1/4 cups Salsa
2 tablespoons Chopped Cilantro
2 medium Radish, Raw
1/3 cups Green Onions Chopped
1/2 cups Guacamole – Mild (garden Fresh)
1 serving Bell Pepper
1/4 cups Monterey Jack Cheese, Shredded
1/4 cups Whole Foods 365 Mild Cheddar Cheese
15 oz Pinto Beans
8 oz Blue Corn Tortilla Chips With Flax Seed – Organics
1. Prep: finely chop cilantro, 2 radishes, green onions, 1 bell pepper, and make your gauc
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place handfuls
of chips on the baking sheet and distribute evenly, minimizing the gaps between chips. Set aside.
3. Sprinkle the prepared pan of chips generously and evenly with the beans, followed by the
shredded cheese, bell pepper, and pickled jalapeños (optional, use more if you really love jalapeños,
less if you don’t).
4. Bake until the cheese is melted and bubbling, about 9 to 13 minutes. Remove the
nachos from the oven and set aside.
5. Once the nachos are out of the oven, dollop the guacamole over the nachos like polka
dots. Sprinkle the nachos with chopped green onion, radish and cilantro. Serve immediately, with salsa
on the side.
Get your snack on!