We could not complete the Pumpkin series without Pumpkin Bread! Pumpkin bread can solve most of life’s problems. This recipe adapted form Well Plated is the gateway to bliss… enjoy!
- 2 tablespoons canola oil or melted and cooled coconut oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt*, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves or allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup uncooked millet, rinsed and shaken dry (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Light coat an 8×4 inch loaf pan with baking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl or a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the oil and honey together. Add the Greek yogurt, beat to combine, then beat in the egg. Make sure the ingredients are smooth and well blended.
- With the mixer on low, beat in the pumpkin purée and vanilla. Sprinkle the baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and salt over the top, then stir to combine.
- Sprinkle in the flour, then gently mix, just until the flour disappears. Stir in the millet. Spread the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake the healthy pumpkin bread for 30 minutes, then remove pan and lightly tent with foil to keep the top from becoming too dark. Return the bread to the oven to continue baking for another 25 to 35 minutes (55 to 65 minutes total), until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the bread cool in the loaf pan for 5 minutes. Gently transfer to a wire rack. Let cool at least 30 minutes before slicing. Enjoy!