Slow cooker recipes are great in the winter months when we want hearty, warm flavors. This Lamb Curry will not disappoint on a cold and snowy weekend. If lamb is not your jam, try it with beef, bison, or even turkey. If you are focusing on more of a vegetarian diet, vegetable broth and portabello mushrooms could also offer a great alternative. Serve with brown rice or cauliflower rice.
- 6 cups Kale, Raw
- 1 cups Canned Coconut Milk I Organic
- 1 cups Chicken Broth
- 1 serving (1) Bay Leaf
- 1 teaspoons Cinnamon I Ground I Organic
- 2 tablespoons Tumeric Root
- 2 teaspoons Cumin, Ground
- 1/2 serving 1-inch Fresh Ginger (peeled & Grated)
- 2 serving (1) Garlic Clove
- 1 1/2 cups Diced Red Onions
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 1 1/2 pounds Lamb, Stew Meat
- You can use beef or lamb for this recipe.
- Sprinkle the lamb with 1 teaspoon of salt and place in a slow cooker.
- Heat coconut oil in a medium pan, add onions, minced garlic, ginger,cumin, turmeric, cinnamon and
sauté for 5 minutes or until onions caramelize.
- Add broth and coconut milk and broth to pan.
- Bring the mixture to a boil then pour over the meat in the slow cooker.
- Put Slow cooker on low setting for 8 hours or high setting for 4 hours.
- Stir in chopped kale 30 minutes before the curry is finished.
- Salt to taste, enjoy.