Sunday Chicken in Wednesday Time – 45 min.
- 1 whole chicken,
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 and 3/4 Tablespoons avocado oil (or you can use coconut or canola – something with a high smoke point)
- 1 yellow onion quartered (optional)
- 1 lemon halved (optional)
- 1 cup chicken stock or broth
- Remove any “extras” from the cavity of the chicken, rinse and pat dry with a paper towel
- If using, place the lemon and onion into the cavity.
- Preheat Instant Pot to Saute setting on “normal”
- Mix the oil and the spices until incorporated, rub on the breast side of the chicken.
- Place the chicken in the preheated Instant Pot – breast side down to ge that crispy skin.
- Rub the remainder of the oil/spice mixture on the other side of the chicken
- Leave for a few min to crisp up – 3-4 min.
- Turn chicken over.
- Add stock
- Put the lid on and lock (please follow your pots instructions)
- Set to manual high pressure for 25 min.
- Don’t use the venting lever, but let it depressurize on its own (about 25 min) *You want the internal temp to reach 165′
- Transfer to serving plate or cutting board and let rest for 5 min – (or if you are in my home tell everyone dinner is getting cold so they spend 5 minutes doing all-of-the-things before coming to the table.)