I love an easy, somewhat healthy, bite size treat during the holidays! Don’t worry, these trainers LOVE a good Christmas cookies (hint, hint), but we also like other options! This Sweet Potato Pecan Pie Tart can really fit for fall or holiday, or an AWESOME dish to share when you need a go to dessert that fits in the “nutritionally conscious” category!
- 1 cup mashed cooked sweet potato
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon dark corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg white
- 2 (2.1-ounce) packages mini phyllo shells (such as Athens)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine sweet potato, granulated sugar, cinnamon, and salt, stirring well.
- Combine pecans, brown sugar, syrup, vanilla, and egg white, stirring well.
- Spoon about 1 teaspoon sweet potato mixture into each phyllo shell, spreading to edges. Spoon about 1/2 teaspoon pecan mixture over sweet potato mixture. Place filled shells on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.