Recovery Starts Pre-workout
Before you begin your workout make sure:
- You’re are properly hydrated; Your urine is clear.
- You are pre-fueled with the proper nutrition; Pre-workout nutrition is very important before a workout. It determines whether or not you have you can achieve your maximum potential during your workout. Check out our Blog: Fuel Up and Recover Faster to maximize your workouts
- Proper Supplementation; This is different for everyone and very much depends on your internal health and fitness goals.
- At Trivida, we do not blind supplement, we make recommendations based on our extensive lab work to see exactly what you need and what dosage. High-quality supplements are the key to absorption. The Trivida Trifecta may be right for you if you want a regimen designed based on you. Make an Appointment
- Warm up properly; You can warm-up all sorts of ways: Hot tub, hot shower, hot pack, light activity until you break a little sweat or feel your body warming.
- Stretch; After you are warm stretch; this is the best time to do it!
Recovery Continues During Workout
During your workout keep these things in mind:
- Stay Hydrated, the more you sweat the more water you need to drink.
- Stay loose; Continue to stretch lightly during workout
- Let heart rate ease up and down; not allowing drastic rise or drops
Recovery After Workout
Closing your workout is important too:
- Cool down and stretch
- Allow your heart rate to ease down slowly
- Hydrate! (This is how much water you should be drinking based on your weight)
- 100 pounds – 67 ounces
- 110 pounds – 24 ounces
- 120 pounds – 80 ounces
- 130 pounds – 87 ounces
- 140 pounds – 94 ounces
- 150 pounds – 100 ounces
- 160 pounds – 107 ounces
- 170 pounds – 114 ounces
- 180 pounds – 121 ounces
- 190 pounds – 127 ounces
- 200 pounds – 134 ounces
- 210 pounds – 141 ounces
- 220 pounds – 148 ounces
- 230 pounds – 154 ounces
- 240 pounds – 161 ounces
- 250 pounds – 168 ounces
- Within the next 30min – 2 hours eat high quality protein and carbohydrates
- Foam roll or massage out areas of soreness
- Icing areas that are particularly sore or sitting in a cool tub for 10-15min after workout