This lighter take on the chicken salad sandwich is probably going to be my go-to pack lunch. I am always looking for different things to do with my meal-prep chicken, this recipe looks so quick to mix up and throw into a pita and hit the road! Or on a cracker, or tortilla, or… off the mixing spoon.
- 2 cups shredded chicken (I used rotisserie chicken)
- 1 large avocado, remove core and cut up the pulp
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped very small (optional)
- salt & pepper to taste
- 4 ciabatta or dinner rolls
- Add the chicken, avocado, cilantro and salt and pepper in a small bowl and mix until all ingredients are well combined.
- I served mine on small ciabatta buns, but you can use any bun you like. I also ate some the next day on whole wheat bread and I added a little salsa – it was delicious!