The days of the same ol’ pasta salad are over! I love this take, maybe try it with some bacon crumbles, or some red pepper flakes!
- 1 (9-oz.) pkg. refrigerated whole-wheat 3-cheese tortellini
- 2/3 cup frozen peas
- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest plus 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Small fresh basil leaves (optional)
Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; add peas for the last 6 minutes. Drain, and cool 10 minutes; place pasta and peas in a medium bowl.
Using a vegetable peeler, or a spiralizer, shave zucchini into ribbons.
Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons oil in a medium skillet over medium. Add garlic; cook, stirring constantly, 30 seconds. Remove from heat. Add zucchini; stir constantly until zucchini is slightly softened, about 1 minute. Add zucchini mixture to tortellini mixture in bowl.
Combine zest, juice, salt, pepper, and remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons oil. Drizzle over tortellini mixture; toss gently to coat. Sprinkle with basil, if desired.