1 tablespoon finely chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon ground cumin
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast
¼ teaspoon salt
2 cups cooked quinoa
2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
1 cup canned pinto beans, rinsed
1 ripe avocado, diced
¼ cup prepared pico de gallo or other salsa
¼ cup shredded Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
Lime wedges for serving
- Preheat grill to medium-high or preheat broiler.
- Combine chipotles, oil, garlic powder and cumin in a small bowl.
- Oil the grill rack (see Tip) or a rimmed baking sheet, if broiling. Season chicken with salt. Grill the chicken for 5 minutes or broil it on the prepared baking sheet for 9 minutes. Turn, brush with the chipotle glaze and continue cooking until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part registers 165°F, 3 to 5 minutes more on the grill or 9 minutes more under the broiler. Transfer to a clean cutting board. Chop into bite-size pieces.
- Assemble each burrito bowl with ½ cup quinoa, ½ cup chicken, ½ cup lettuce, ¼ cup beans, ¼ avocado, 1 tablespoon pico de gallo (or other salsa) and 1 tablespoon cheese. Serve with a lime wedge.
- To oil a grill rack, oil a folded paper towel, hold it with tongs and rub it over the rack. (Do not use cooking spray on a hot grill.)
Recipe By: EatingWell Test Kitchen