It is #WorkoutWednesday and this week is a Playground Workout!
The weather has been gorgeous, so I want to encourage everyone to get outside and move! Whether you go for a walk or take your kids to the park, here is a fun workout you can do outside (with or without the kiddos!)
- Stand upright with one foot on a bench behind with your arms by your sides.
- Drop your body down towards the floor, bending at your hips and knees and leaning your torso slightly forward.
- Push off your front foot to return to the start position.
- Complete all reps on one side before switching to the other side.
- Support your body on your toes and hands with your feet on a step behind, elbows bent and your chest nearly touching the floor.
- Push up to a straight arm position.
- Lower your body back to the start position and repeat, keeping your back flat and hips in line with shoulders throughout.
Jack Knife on Slide:
- Sit on the bench with your legs straight and hands on side for support.
- Tuck your head and shoulders while also bringing your knees in to your chest.
- Try to get your elbows to meet your knees in the middle.
- Lower your upper body and legs and repeat.
- Hang from a bar overhead, using an underhanded grip with your hands shoulder-width apart.
- Pull your body up until your chin reaches over the bar, bending at the elbows.
- Lower back down, extending your arms fully.
- Option to use the ladder as an assist
- Stand upright with one foot on a step with your arms at your sides.
- Push off the top foot and drive up with your arms, coming up off the step.
- Land with the top foot on the step and the other foot on the floor.
Hanging Knee Raise:
- Hang from a secure bar overhead with your arms and legs straight.
- Raise your knees toward your chest, bending at your hips and knees.
- Lower your legs and repeat, keeping your arms straight.
- Place your feet on a bench and your hands on the floor with your arms straight and pike your hips high up into the air.
- Bending at the elbows, lower your head towards the floor.
- Push up to the start position with your arms straight.
- Stand upright with your feet split front to back with your arms at your sides.
- Bend at the hips and knees, leaning your torso slightly forward with your weight on the front leg.
- Push off the front foot and jump up off the floor, switching your feet in the air.
- Land in a split squat with the other foot in front and repeat quickly.
Bench Leg Raises:
- Lie on a bench with your legs straight out, hanging off the end, holding on to the top of the bench.
- Raise your legs straight up slightly lifting your lower back off the bench.
- Lower your legs back down to the start position and repeat, keeping your legs straight throughout the movement.