Who wouldn’t want the benefits of slow cooking delicious meals in a fraction of the time? Well, that is why the “InstaPot” – or various other pressure cookers – are all the rage! We loved this Meatloaf recipe! Give it a try and let us know what you think!
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef lean
- 6 strips bacon minced
- 1 medium onion roughly chopped
- 6 cloves garlic roughly minced
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 1 1/2 teaspoons oregano dired
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fennel seed ground
- 3/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 90 grams cheese a combination of freshly grated Parmesan cheese and Mozzarella cheese taste great in this recipe!
- 2 cups chicken stock low sodium
- 1 can tomato sauce 398 mL can
- 1 teaspoon basil for tomato sauce
- 2/3 cup tomato paste for tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon oregano dried, for tomato sauce
Combine all the meatloaf ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Add the dry ingredients, then add the wet ingredients and mix well with your hands. Do not overmix. Make sure the eggs are beaten before adding it to the meatloaf mixture
Test the seasoning by cooking a small portion of the meat mixture on a skillet over medium high heat. Taste and add more seasoning if necessary.
Gently pack the meat mixture together to form a meatloaf. Make sure the meatloaf can fit into your pressure cooker. The thickest part of our meatloaf was almost 4 inches thick.
Fold a piece of aluminum foil into a long strip to form a sling. Make sure it is wide enough to hold the whole meatloaf. This will help you easily transport the meatloaf.
Combine all the tomato sauce ingredients together in the Instant Pot. Mix well until the tomato paste dissolves into the tomato sauce mixture.
Place a steamer rack into the pressure cooker. Place the aluminum foil sling on the rack and carefully place the meatloaf on top of it.
Lock the pressure cooker lid and cook on Manual at High Pressure for 16 minutes. Turn off the heat and let it fully Natural Release. Open the lid carefully.
While the meatloaf and tomato sauce are cooking, preheat oven to 450°F.
Remove the meatloaf by carrying the foil sling. Confirm the meatloaf’s internal temperature is at least 160°F with a food thermometer and set aside.
Press Sauté and adjust button twice. Bring the tomato sauce to a simmer and reduce it until desired consistency (Roughly 5 – 8 minutes). Brush the thickened tomato sauce over the whole meatloaf with a silicone basting brush.
Place the meatloaf in the oven on the top rack for 10 – 15 minutes.
Serve the meatloaf immediately with your favorite pasta or side dishes!