We are in the thick of cold season! Sniffles, coughing, runny noses, etc! Our GO-TO recommendation is Golden Milk (or Tumeric Tea)! Why this fancy concoction? Well Tumeric is an amazing ANTI-inflammatory that will help release the sinus pressure and many of the symptoms of a cold. Will it cure, no, but you can have as much of this as you want. No waiting 12 hours before you can take another dose!
- 2 cups of milk of choice (non-dairy is preferred so almond, coconut, cashew, hemp, rice, quinoa…)
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric (easily available in your local spice aisle)
- ½ teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon raw honey or maple syrup or to taste (optional)
- Pinch of black pepper (increases absorption)
- Tiny piece of fresh, peeled ginger root or ¼ tsp ginger powder
- Pinch of cayenne pepper (optional, will had a touch of spice)
- First, blend all ingredients in a high speed blender until smooth.
- Then, Pour into a small sauce pan and heat for 3-5 minutes over medium heat until hot but not boiling.
- Drink immediately
- Repeat as needed!
Want to know all the amazing benefits of Tumeric? Check it out the 10 Health Benefits of Tumeric